Simulation Forums

Find Simulation answers, share expertise, and connect with your peers

Robot Structural Analysis IdeaStation

Vote

Visualising load

by rogerio.heiden on 08/16/2017 2:28 PM

VISUALIZATION OF LOADS SHOULD BE IN THIS WAY.

ATTACHMENTS
SUG-3.PNG

Vote

LAYERS

by rogerio.heiden on 08/16/2017 1:59 PM

IMPLEMENT THE USE OF LAYERS FOR A BETTER VIEW OF THE MODEL.

ATTACHMENTS
SUG-2.PNG

Vote

Create a new bar or point along an existing inclined barr. Option "nearest" and clicking on a bar, then opens a popup and asks the distance of one end of the bar. 

ATTACHMENTS
SUG-1.png

Vote

I propose to add the calculation of the settlement of the foundation for “foundation design” for the code “"Fascicule N°62-Titre V" because we have already the possibility to use the pressiometric curve to calculate the allowable stress.

If you add another column for the pressiometric modulus it will be fascinating.

Thank you.

-------------------

Je propose d'ajouter le calcul de tassement dans le module « semelle » pour la norme "Fascicule N°62-Titre V" puisque déjà il y a la possibilité de calculer la contrainte limite admissible en se basant sur les données de l'essai pressiomètrique.

Merci.

Vote

This is my idea of a thing. Look at all the countries, in next 5 years most of countries worldwide will focus on implementing BIM in law (IFC format etc).

Do you know which thing I really hate while modelling? Spending time on calculations. It takes so much time to wait, when the model is big. Today I was looking for the answer, why there is so slow calculation in Robot. Here comes my answer: reaf.png

So: Robot has implemented some solvers, which use CPU. My idea is GPU. In last few years gpu companies like Nvidia has been working with many scientists on linear solvers supported by gpgpu / cuda (some nvidia names). Now think: i calculate my model of highrise building with 4.8 GHz i7 7800X in about 2 hours. This is terrific. If one day some say "hey man, there is a software that uses GPU solvers" I imagine that my model would be solved in 25 minutes. I know some stuff now. If there is any person that reads my idea, be sure: this is a way of improvement in model calculations. Give to the people the most powerful structural analisys tool ever. Look, there are ready solvers to be implemented:

afa.png

You are the big Autodesk. Dont get burried like Nokia or other great companies, who had the chance to rule the industry, but they ignored many improvements, solutions available in around. Have a nice day!

Vote

Please,

I wont give up!! Man Mad

Add the Brazilian Codes NBR 6118 for Reinforced Concrete, NBR 16055 for Concrete wall castes , NBR 8800 for steel, NBR 14762 - Design of cold-formed steel structures.

In Brazil is common change the default codes materials like EN 1992, ACI, AISC as seen photos below.  These are similar but not equal 'cause the code check parameters isn't tehe same and complementary checks is needed.

I really believe that will be thousands of new users if exist the possibility to add some Brazilian codes (6118 and 8800 will be fantastic Smiley Very Happy)

robot.jpg

Vote

Adding Buttons

by mbs.alselwi2017 on 08/06/2017 4:55 PM

Please Dears

add two buttons(arrows)  to enable us select the same bar diameters in Slab Reinforcement Parameters  dialog box 

1.jpg

Vote

Results signs

by opera.champ on 08/05/2017 9:18 PM

I recommend putting an option which we can change results signs from.

For example: in our university studies we use +ve sign for tension internal forces but, here in RSA the positive sign indicates that the member is subjected to compression. In the slabs too, we used to use +ve moment sign for the lower moment and -ve for the upper momment.

that conflict makes it difficult for many new users to understand results.

So, i recommend putting new option that we can reverse results signs from.

Vote

User Interface

by opera.champ on 08/04/2017 4:49 PM

I recommend changing the user interface of the program to be like any other Autodesk program, just replace these many toolbars with ribbons like AutoCAD. That will make it easier for students and new users to learn the program.

Vote

when we import an AutoCAD drawing, it is imported as a smart JPG (background) that i can show or hide any layer of it.

This is great but, why don't you add an option that we can import beams from certain layer and supports from another layer instead of importing it just as a background.

Really it makes me angry that i can find it in other companies' programs and not in Robot.

Vote

Hi all, do we have any kind of macro or API or any other way by which we can use excel as the tool for making modelling elements in ROBOT. Like i give coordinated in excel and there can be a command which directly makes that element in ROBOT ?

Vote
Vote

I wish if Robot could open two files or more simultaneously to enable users treat their works faster . 

Vote

Add the Colombian Code for Construction nsr-10

Vote

HELP ME MOMENT BY WIND HIGH QUALITY

ATTACHMENTS
Structure.rtd

Vote

Adding Help button to the Calculation Messages window will help users to go directly online to discover the solutions for errors and warningsSmiley Happy 

04 .jpg

Vote

Annotation/Comments

by GGB.BHB on 06/21/2017 7:43 AM

It would be really useful to add comments to models so that you can highlight various areas of the model e.g. to note that you have made an assumption or to clarify why you have modeled it like that.  This tool could include clouds and arrows to point to large areas or more specific elements.

This capability would definitely enhance the analysis software when more than one person has to use a model and needs to understand what others have done.

Thanks

Vote

Provide automatic calculations for the Torsional and Lateral Stiffness of the structure

Vote

I suggest to add an  independent option to select the nature of required reinforcement , for example adding an option to choose the number of layers (1,2 or both), also an option to determine the position of the layer in the slab (in case of one layer of reinforcement) for example in the middle , top or bottom

01.jpg

Vote

Many times we need to design prestressed beams and post tension slabs so, i recommend putting an option in RSA that helps us design prestressed beams & slabs .

Thanks.

Vote

When entering the values in the EC8 seismic analysis parameters window, let us use TAB to browse through parameters.

Right now, when you do this, you skip parameters in the window, and it is stressing and time consuming to change those parameters with the mouse.

I think it would be productive if after giving a value to ag, you could press TAB to change the behavior factor and not to give an OK.

Vote

Annotations

by mbs.alselwi2017 on 05/25/2017 6:51 AM

I desire if there is easier and wider use for dimensions and other annotations in RSA  , I need to add dimensions especially in Slab- Provided Reinforcement

in the Slab- Reinforcement Layout.

I hope that!

Thank you for your efforts  

Malek Anam 

Vote

Many times during modeling, we need to merge two slabs into one, and some times we need to divide slab with line or boundary (polyline object) to get two slabs i can assign thickness for every one of them not like the other .

I see that will enhance RSA modeling and make it easy .

Thanks

Vote

Move parallel

by GGB.BHB on 05/11/2017 12:00 PM

To aid drawing geometry it would be good if the AutoCAD function 'offset' ie copy parallel, were available in addition to the current functions.

Thanks

Vote

Extend Function

by GGB.BHB on 05/11/2017 11:58 AM

It would be really useful to be able to extend a bar by a certain amount rather than only being able to do it using an intersect type method.

Thanks

Vote

Software

by allied.mones on 05/10/2017 7:44 AM

This is a list of software packages that implement engineering analysis of structure against.  Robot Structural Analysis Professional, Advanced structural analysis software, SAFI, 3D Structural analysis and design software

Vote

virtual

by antoniopalmucci on 04/26/2017 7:59 PM

By the way, I'm a 21-year-old boy, a student at the Annunzio Fisheries College. I'm attending studies at the engineering faculty of construction. Through various courses within my faculty I have had many really fascinating ideas about your software, principally autocad. I would like to be able to propose these ideas personally. I assure you that it will be worth it. Look forward to your news, in the meantime I will elaborate my paperwork in a paper format so that it is clearer in a possible encounter. Sincerely, Antonio

antoniopalm96@gmail.com 

Vote

slab

by ravy.loun on 04/26/2017 3:04 AM

I am using robot structural analysis version 2015. The problem here is I cannot change materials or properties of my slab design. Attached picture.Capture.PNG

Vote

How about analyzing transmission tower model using fully truss system? How to reduce the displacement values? Is there any additional loads need to be applied on the tower?to be applied on the tower? Or any other option? 

Vote

It will be amazing if Robot has been enhanced by automatic prediction for shear wall positions that may justify the eccentricity and shorten the distance between the centers of gravity and rigidity, now this task is manual and depends on the method of try and error. and Robot now can only generate an informative data after analysis about the values of eccentricities.

Please put this into the list of wishes