Simulation Forums

Find Simulation answers, share expertise, and connect with your peers

Simulation Moldflow Insight

Moldflow 2018.2 - 3D mouse doesn't work

57 Views, 4 Replies
04/12/2018 8:14 PM

I know there are threads about that for older versions of Moldflow.

There are also some hints that the 3D mices should work fine with Moldflow 2018 and above.

For me 2018 was the last version where it worked.

I don't expect the 3D mice problem to be fixed in 2018.2 - but I hope to see an upcoming version 2019 with 3D mouse function without any hickups... (Ask in the open source community, Blender, Art of Illusion, Freecad... - 3D mices work there, can't imagine what makes this function or device so vulnerable).

Best regards

Harald

Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4 ( Views: 57 )

Re: Moldflow 2018.2 - 3D mouse doesn't work

04/16/2018 9:17 AM

Hi @harald.goetz,

Thanks for posting this topic!

Actually, I am not sure of the small details on this, but I know that the main issue was on the API library of 3DConnexion. I am aware that in 2018 we updated some mice and left out some older ones. I think this was communicated on the What's new webinar. I am also not aware of recent issues, but it looks to me as new drivers may affect some of the mice.

We are planning a what's new (2019.0) webinar in May. We will present the new features and main fixes. I guess, that is the best opportunity to ask our Product Manager / developers (I am not sure yet who will present this) to ask about your issues with 3D mice.

I hope it helps!

Cheers,

Javier

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Javier Jubierre

Message 2 of 4 ( Views: 44 )

04/18/2018 8:56 AM

Hi @harald.goetz,

Thanks again for posting!

Do you have any further comment on this thread?

Cheers,

Javier

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Javier Jubierre

Message 3 of 4 ( Views: 22 )

04/18/2018 9:14 AM
Hi Javier, not to much to add. I just tried to start older versions (2017.3) where the 3D mouse for sure worked, but had no luck due to licence issues (new licence manager - whatever...) The 3D mouse I use is 2 years old ("SpaceMouse Pro") - I assume it is still maintained by 3D Connexion. No other 3D software I know (well, exept Catia, or most of the users of Catia) can "live" without this function. For me it is mandatory - otherwise I end up with a Carapan Tunnel Syndrom due to "heavy rotation" with the standard mouse. :) -> Really - this had to be fixed for all times. Possible solutions: Have a look at Open Sources resourches or just ask 3D Connexion - they usually support this. Or look at Fusion / SimStudio - the mouse works there like a charm. Can't be to difficult to ask the collegues, can it? With best regards and high hopes on MF 2019 along with SpaceMouse function Harald

Message 4 of 4 ( Views: 16 )