Simulation Forums

Find Simulation answers, share expertise, and connect with your peers

Simulation Moldflow Insight

Toggling between 2 study files using Ctrl+Tab

68 Views, 6 Replies
04/05/2018 2:44 PM

I recently migrated to Windows 10 and when I use Ctrl+Tab to switch or toggle between 2 studies, there comes a blank page (in fraction of time) & comes the other study. Because of which, I am not able to check the changes I do in mesh or feed which I used to lock view and check between the studies.

Earlier in windows 7, the similar problem was solved by changing few settings => Right click Desktop => Personalize => change default Themes to some unsaved Theme. Though I was not sure its correct..but it got worked using Moldflow in Windows 7.

If some has experienced this issue with using Moldflow in Windows 10 and got it solved, please do share the solution settings.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Regards,

JK.

Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6 ( Views: 68 )

Re: Toggling between 2 study files using Ctrl+Tab

04/08/2018 1:23 AM

Hello @jk_moldflow,

I tried to use Ctrl+Tab to switch 2 studies in Win 10 but I could not reproduce your problem.

I suspect this problem is related to your graphics card settings and would like to suggest as below:

1. Navigate to your graphics card manufacturer's website to update to the latest graphics card driver. 

2. If you are using an NVIDIA video graphics card, change the graphics profile to 3D App - Visual Simulation setting for optimal performance for Moldflow products.

rtaImage.jpg

Xiaojin Zhang

Message 2 of 6 ( Views: 47 )

04/09/2018 5:26 AM

Hello Xiaojin Zhang,

Thanks for your reply & support.

As in your request, I have changed the Nvidia Graphics settings but the issue is still the same for me.

There are some options to change the Nvidia_Graphics => 3D-App Visual simulation settings but I left it as default as shown in attached image. Is it needed to change something inside this settings? 

Also attached is a screen recording for your reference.

Message 3 of 6 ( Views: 35 )

04/09/2018 5:33 AM

Just replied with attachement on the settings image & a screen recording of this issue for your reference.

Message 4 of 6 ( Views: 33 )

04/09/2018 6:37 AM

Hello @jk_moldflow,

Thank you for sending the video. I tried to switch studies using Ctal+Tab on several different models just now and could see the problem happening quite often on large models: there comes a different page then comes the other study.

I think it  is because the model is large and it takes more time for MF to load the model.

I will try to raise this issue to MF development and see if it could be improved.

Thank you!

Xiaojin Zhang

Message 5 of 6 ( Views: 30 )

04/09/2018 8:32 AM

Hello @Xiaojin.Zhang,

Thanks for your reply.

For me it is happening for all models (even very simple model as shown in previous post video attachment).

FYR: Also attached here is the screen shot of the NVIDIA Graphics card information.

Thanks for escalating and keep me posted for any update / clarification.

Message 6 of 6 ( Views: 26 )