Simulation Forums

Find Simulation answers, share expertise, and connect with your peers

Simulation Moldflow Insight

Problem viewing Videos in PPT Reports

103 Views, 5 Replies
01/25/2018 2:56 PM

I've been unable to view animations in Synergy report (PowerPoint) files.  I am using Windows Media Player and perhaps it is an unsupported version, but I can't determine what release this is (nor what PowerPoint release Moldflow uses and therefore what WMP version is required).  This may not even be the cause of the problem -WMP isn't very informative.

Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5 ( Views: 103 )

Re: Problem viewing Videos in PPT Reports

01/27/2018 4:16 AM

The simulation videos should be saved as gif file for adding in ppt file. Then there will be no problem viewing the videos. Just click Shift+F5 to watch.

Message 2 of 5 ( Views: 81 )

01/29/2018 12:27 PM

Hi @mnieman

Hope you are trying to same the animation in WebM format... this will be useful for generating HTML reports or opening in other browsers like chrome / firefox... if you are intention is to generate powerpoint reports save the animation in gif format (you can select the formats WebM, Gif or avi)

refer the below link for similar query:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/moldflow-insight/troubleshooting/caas/discussion/t5/Moldflow-Insight-Forum/Animation-format-for-Powerpoint-2016/td-p/6557145.html

Thanks
M P Pradeep Kumar

If my views / comments acceptable, provide "Kudos" as appreciation, if answers your query, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Message 3 of 5 ( Views: 64 )

01/29/2018 5:34 PM

Thank you Paul S and M.P. Pradeep K,

Autodesk Support walked me through working AVI in PowerPoint, but it seemed to rely on keeping resolution very low.  GIF files work OK.  I haven't found a way to embed GIF in the PP report, but a GIF link in PP provides higher resolution and is a smaller file anyway.  Hadn't tried K's WebM recommendation -looks like it might be a great browser-based way to export reports.  I'll look into that, but want to say thanks and send kudos.

Mark N

Message 4 of 5 ( Views: 54 )

03/05/2018 4:46 PM

We place gif animations in PowerPoints quite often.  But in order to see the animation you have to view the PowerPoint as "Slideshow".

Message 5 of 5 ( Views: 25 )